Sunday, February 8, 2015

MEMORY MONDAY

 

My mother has written her memoirs and has been after me to write mine. I have been  resisting for a while however I am creating Memory Monday to help me along. Come join me with your own memories. Each week will be a different prompt to encourage the writing of your memories. Link your memories and share them with everyone.

Our prompt is: My Favourite Teacher

My favourite teacher was not a school teacher, but my piano teacher. Mrs. A was actually my second piano teacher. The first one was a Mr. B and he used to come to the house. Mrs. A lived down the street and taught after school and in the evenings from her home. She had a piano in her basement and we used to walk through her kitchen to get to our lessons. Mrs. A worked from home because she had a mentally challenged son and could keep an eye on him.

I used to love to go straight from school and even though I had to wait for my lesson I would watch out for her son W. It was my first inkling that I should become a teacher. Mrs. A never yelled or banged on the piano as she had the patience of Job. I completed my Grade 8 piano as well as my Grade 3 theory and history.

My own children took piano lessons from her as well.

Next Week’s Prompt: My First Job

My daughter made us a Memory Monday button that you can grab from my sidebar if you want.

Retired Not Tired Memory Monday

Please link up your posts to this continuing linky so we can watch each other’s memoirs develop over this year.  Please use the format of “PROMPT – BLOG NAME” so we can follow each week’s writing.