Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'?

Canada celebrates its Thanksgiving in October. I love the whole dinner of turkey and pumpkin pie with the family. This year we will celebrate with our daughter H who also celebrates her birthday at the same time.

I love Halloween as well. We still decorate the outside of the house and love to give out the candy to the little ones. We actually have a mini street party as well.

I love to walk in the fallen leaves. The sound is fantastic.


2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?

It has been a very long time ago. I am the peace maker in the family so I hope everything is resolved.


3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title?

I thought of 2 “Can’t help falling in love” and “Raindrops keep falling on my head”

4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside?'

I have let my swimming fall by the wayside. The pool I use is closed for the month of September and I didn’t bother looking for another place.


5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?

I would have to say a book I read fell short of my expectations. Fortunately it was not one I had to review and I just picked up another one and enjoyed it immensely.

6. Describe a time you said or thought, 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

I say it all of the time. When I see my grandchildren in action I relive the antics of my own children. It is amazing that they act the same way as their parents did when they were children. My mother always wished I would have a daughter just like me and I got one.

7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not?

Every day is a good day especially when we don’t have to go to work. Being retired has made our days very easy. Yes some days are more active however for the other days we like to rest.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I want to wish my SIL P a very happy birthday. We will celebrate on Sunday with a quiet dinner and maybe a game of cards. We might even let him win. I am off to play with my grandchildren today and to visit my parents tomorrow. We are looking forward to a nice weekend as well.