Wednesday, July 2, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1.  Speaking of 180...when was the last time you 'did a 180' on something?

It wasn’t quite a 180 however I took the wrong exit off of the highway and had to go through town and take the next exit back on to the highway.


2. It's Independence Week in the US of A! What's your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let's hear what you love about America.
If you're playing along today, and you're not an American but have been to America, what do/did you like best about this country? If you've never been to America, do you have any desire to visit? What's the number one thing you'd like to see?

As a Canadian I love to visit the US. We come several times a year. I love how we are always greeted when we come into a store. The food in the restaurants are inexpensive. I also like the rest stops on the highway. We also catch our cruises from America.


3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie?

How about cherry cheesecake? It is red and white for Canada.


4. When did you last see stars, figuratively speaking?

I have been very lucky and avoiding accidents where possible. No falling and no hitting my head.


5.  'Clear as a bell', 'with bells on',  'lots of bells and whistles', 'saved by the bell'...which phrase 'rings' truest for you lately?  Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell?

I would have to say “with bells on’', as we have been busy lately. No I haven’t seen the Liberty bell.
6. Are you caught up in World Cup fever? Have you watched a lot or a little or none at all?

No we are not caught up in the World Cup.


7. Bid farewell to June in 10 words or less.

Busy! Vacation! Working on the house! Preparing for a busy July!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

July is finally here. Less than 6 months to Christmas. Half the year is gone. The good news is we are starting to plan a getaway for next February. Now I have something to look forward to. In the meantime we have a lot of summer plans. We have several theatre trips in the works including this weekend when we will see 2 shows. One is “Damn Yankees” and the other is “Les Miserable”.  I believe I have seen a performance of “Damn Yankees” years ago however this will be my first time seeing “Les Mis”. Looking forward to a wonderful weekend.

Have a great week everyone.