Friday, July 4, 2014

FRIDAY FRAGMENTS & FOUR FILL IN FUN

 

Half-Past Kissin' Time     

Feeling Beachie

There used to be a show on TV called “kids say the funniest things”. It was hosted by Art Linkletter. Today I will share some of my funniest moments with my grandchildren this week.

My granddaughter E is home from school and I had the pleasure of visiting with her. We got talking about the cottage and the wonderful time she had on the weekend. She asked her Mom if they could stay at the cottage all of the time. I mentioned that when I was a little girl I used to spend the whole summer at the cottage. I had to take lifesaving classes in swimming and I missed playing baseball and soccer.  E asked if “baseball had been invented when I was little?” (an I really that old?). Besides that she beat me at Crazy 8’s.

Granddaughter F played hard and when it came time for her nap she did not argue. She read for 5 minutes and then fell asleep. I checked in on her and found her a sleep with her backpack on. She can hardly wait to go to Little Camp this summer.

Of course grandson T also aided in my laughs for the day. As I was putting my shoes on to leave, he found his shoes and sat in front of the door hoping he could go outside as well.

I can hardly wait for my other grandchildren to join us this month. Their travel plans have finally been set. We have some wonderful plans.

This week’s co-host is William from Ottowa Daily Photos. He came up with the last two statements:

The statements:

  1. Spending time with my grandchildren and husband is my favorite thing about retirement.
  2.  Ice cream tastes like summer.
  3. When in doubt, think again! 
  4. Is retirement the secret of life?

To all of my American friends and bloggers

Happy Fourth of July!