Wednesday, June 18, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?

I posted a picture for Wordless Wednesday. I don’t participate every week because DH is my photographer and he doesn’t always have pictures for me.


2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.

Commitment!


3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.

We are enjoying a late spring which is fine by me. We have not put in our window air conditioners yet. I actually like it. D H and I enjoy walking so we get out nearly every day. I really am not a sun and hot kind of girl.


4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?

This summer is fairly lazy. We have some theatre trips planned as well as our daughter and her family are coming for a visit.


5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?

I can’t think of a favourite Dad. No one on TV is like my Dad.


6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.

Some of our favourite picnics were at the cottage. Mom and my brother and sisters would take the boat out across the lake where we would have lunch and pick blueberries.


7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?

If price was no object I would love to visit Bora Bora because it is on the way to Australia and New Zealand.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Our siding on our house is done. We have seen the doctor and have appointments to see the dentist as well as the hairdresser. We have some big drives ahead of us next week as we drive to see my parents and take our daughter C to the airport. Hopefully the price of gas will go down.