Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY AND HODGE PODGE

 

After the storm!

IMG_9888

IMG_9892

IMG_9908

Hodgepodge Questions:

1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.

Unfortunately with our cruise running so long we have very few plans for advent. The only deadline to get home for was our Christmas Dance on Friday December 13th.

2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?

I guess Cupid would best describe me this week. I have spent the time loving the grandchildren.

 
3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?

I have had a lot of too loud. The grandsons have me in high spirits.


4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!
When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do?  If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?

I have organized many events in my time and have always allowed people to show their strengths. Praise for their work is my job.


5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?

Shopping for Christmas since I don’t like to shop. Fortunately decorating is my hubby’s forte and he does it so well. I usually like to bake as well however this year I am not doing much.

6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot.  Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)

My most talked about topic was our cruises as well as our 40th wedding anniversary. It has been an exciting year.


7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?

My car. I drive a Ford Taurus which is big enough to hold the grandchildren as well as all of our luggage when we travel. It does use a lot of gas compared to the smaller cars.


8.  Insert your own random thought here

It is official we are heading home today. We are leaving the warm south for the freezing cold North. We will encounter snow which we had hoped to avoid. Our daughter H will leave her husband and children for one week. She will have to fly home since her mother-in-law fell and broke her shoulder. The best laid plans of mice and men.