Tuesday, December 10, 2013

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

 

Tuesday, December 10th/13
What is the best thing that has happened to you, since last Christmas?

It gives me great pleasure to join in the Coffee Chat with Les again. I have missed it. Thank you Les for following my blog and even commenting. There were times when sending the blog was a challenge and I wasn’t sure how many people were actually reading it. It wasn’t easy getting access on a satellite connection in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

2013 has been a very big year for us. It is my second year of retirement and we have managed to take 3 cruises. The first was in February when we cruised the Southern Caribbean and had the pleasure of our friends M & N who joined us last minute. Of course the cruise in August included both M & N as well as D and M. It was wonderful travelling through Scotland and Norway. There were lots of laughs.

D H celebrated 40 years of wedded bliss! The kids gave us a party to remember. We were delighted when an usher, bridesmaid, flower girl and singer could join us.

Lastly of course is the finishing up of our 42 day cruise. We are not home yet since we made a stop in Charleston to visit with our grandchildren. We will head home tomorrow and take H back with us. It will be a busy time until Christmas as we are booked for several holiday parties as well.

I hope next year can be as exciting as this year was. I know there will be less cruising but I am sure there will still be travelling.

 

Everyday Ruralty

Today's Questions

  1. Have you baked any Christmas cookies yet? I made some shortbread cookies before I left on my cruise however I haven’t made any since I am not home yet. Not sure if I will since no one is coming for Christmas.
  2. Have you finished your shopping yet? And what did you get me? I didn’t shop this year. The grandchildren are getting sweaters, hats and mittens that I have made. Everyone else will get cash.
  3. If you had reindeer like the story of Santa, what would you name them. (Be creative.) Remember, they were Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolf. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go on to the next question, please.  I like the names however I am not creative so they would probably be named John, Paul, George, Ringo, Tom, Dick, Harry and Sid.
  4. What was the most memorable Christmas gift you ever gave or received? D H and I give each other cruises for Christmas.
  5. Please tell me something new, interesting, or funny. Also, Wendell could use some encouraging words to feel better- just saying. :) I joined a writer’s club while I was on the cruise. It is encouraging me to think about writing my memoirs. My mother really wants me to get started before I get too old and forget things.
  6. I am so glad to be back to writing and sharing the blogs again. Keep up the good work.