Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

 

Here are this week's questions to the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1. When it comes to good manners, what two top your list of most important?It is so easy to say “please” and “thank you” yet so many people don’t bother. I love it when I hear my youngest grandchildren say it. The other is simple courtesy especially on the roads and sidewalks.


2. Let's open a proverbial can of worms...Common Core.  Are you familiar with the term (talking education reform in the USA)?  If so, care to share your thoughts? In your opinion, what is one of the biggest issues schools (in your home country) face today?

I heard an announcer on the radio while driving in the US say that parents should be more responsible and should take a bigger part in their children’s educations. My only comment is that parenting is the only job that does not have courses and no training is needed. Maybe we should offer parenting courses no matter what country you live in.

(this comment was made after the shootings in Nevada by a 12 year old boy)


3. Name a celebrity whose fashion sense you admire and share why.

Sorry no celeb here. I dress to cover my body and to be comfortable.


4. How are you affected by the changing seasons?

I love the changes that take place in each season however I do look forward to a cruise especially in the winter and love to visit my daughter in the Southern US as well.


5. Scariest book you've ever read?

I don’t read scary books.


6. What time of day are you most hungry? What's your go-to snack?

Breakfast is when I am most hungry. It is one meal I could eat all day. When I was growing up it was a treat to have pancakes for supper. Someone in the egg industry actually used “breakfast for dinner” as a marketing tool. If we are in the car “trail mix” is our go to snack and of course popcorn before bed.


7. Do you lean more towards being too needy or too independent? Which do you find harder to deal with in others?

I prefer to be independent. I don’t mind helping needy people who can’t do for themselves.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We are on our way to the cruise port. The first day of driving was longer than we thought. The trip advisor said it would take 10 hours however it took 12 1/2 hours. We spent longer in construction and there was a truck fire that closed the highway for a time. Fortunately we had coffee to keep us going. DH managed to take a few photos through the car window. The good news is that the hotels have given us a free upgrade. We have a room near the front and don’t have to climb the stairs. The beds are also queen size.

IMG_7635

IMG_7637    IMG_7642