Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?

We don’t sing happy birthday very often anymore however our grandson L just celebrated his 7th birthday and we sang happy birthday to him on the phone. I love to celebrate my birthday on a cruise ship because the Indonesian staff sing their version of happy birthday and I even have their native instruments to help them.


2.  Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?

I share my birthday with Elizabeth Taylor. I never had a desire to meet her however I did love the movie “National Velvet”. My daughter C shares her birthday with Queen Elizabeth II of England and she also has her name.

3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?

I like jewellry as well as maybe a new sweater.


4. What can you guarantee about yourself?

I will be smiling.


5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person?  Why?

I am not much of an art lover however I would love to see Paris again. I was there for one day back in the 1972. The best art museum I visited was in Monserrat.


6. Your favorite dessert?

I love ice cream.
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?

We are looking forward to our 42 day cruise to Rome and back. I always enjoy the Fall although as I get older I can appreciate spring and the renewal it brings.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Our calendar is filling up as we  meet our obligations for the fall. We are trying to fit in as much as possible since we will be away for so long. We are having lunch with friends and family. I am trying to stay healthy and fit. Our ballroom dancing is starting again as well my aquafit classes.