Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. What do you think makes a good dad?

A good Dad is a provider for his family, a great listener and a participant who leads his children to a better life.


2.  What's something you learned from your own father?

Believe it or not my father taught to take risks. You don’t get anywhere without gambling a little. He started his own business and raised 4 children. Of course it was my mother who kept us on track.


3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?

My birthday cake would probably be an ice-cream cake. We are not big cake eaters.

4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons?

Because of my answer in #2 I would go with my gut. Once I make a decision it is done.


5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favourite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item?

Milk is my favourite dairy item followed by ice cream. We purchase a lot of milk.


6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?

I have discovered the joy of grandchildren and love retirement. I still have lots of places in the world to see especially if I can cruise there.


7. Are you typical of your generation?

Yes! I am a baby boomer. We have lived in our house for 37 years and have been married for 40.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Our oldest daughter H and her family are here for the month of June. It is hectic and a lot of fun. On Sunday we had all 6 grandchildren for the afternoon. Talk about busy! There is definitely no sitting in babysitting. The children haven’t played together since Christmas but got along famously. We couldn’t have done it without the help of our oldest granddaughter R. She is a very mature young lady and is growing more beautiful every day. Every day is busy so blogging has taken a back seat. I apologize for not getting around like I used to.

We have managed to take the time to smell the flowers. These are growing in our garden.

IMG_5838