Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Here are the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce at

1. Have you learned more from success or failure? Explain.

Success because failure is not an option!


2.  What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up? If you have children, what do they call your parents? If you have grandchildren, what do they call you?

I was fortunate to have a set of grandparents on my mother’s side and I called them Grandma and Grandpa. My children had 2 sets and called my parents Grandma and Grandpa and still do and the other set were Oma and Opa to reflect their German background. All of my grands now call us Grammy and Grampy although my oldest granddaughter started out with Judy-lady and Fred-man.


3.  You're invited to a luau.  In keeping with that theme, what dish will you bring to share?

Nothing with pineapple as I am highly allergic to it. Probably my chocolate macaroons because they are full of coconut and everyone loves them. They are also no bake so the house doesn’t get hot.


4. Besides Jesus, what one person's life story do you think everyone should know about?

Everyone should know their family history. Hubby is suggesting I get as much family history discovered before my parents pass away.


5. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or Disagree? Why?

I absolutely agree. If you don’t sweat the small stuff even the big issues become smaller.


6.  June is National Rivers Month. When were you last on a river? What's the prettiest river you've ever seen? What's a river you'd like to see?

I was on a river cruise last fall with our retirement group. We were on a paddle wheeler and saw the autumn colours.
7.  Speaking of rivers-paddling, fishing, swimming, or bird watching safely from the shore? Which activity would you choose? Yes-you have to choose.

I would chose swimming and bird watching. Not much of a fisherman nor a canoer.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We are preparing for our daughter and her family’s arrival on Friday. They will be staying for a month and we have lots of activities planned. It may be their last summer trip since the oldest granddaughter will probably work next summer. We will make the most of it while we can.