Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Here we go~ thanks to Joyce for hosting:

1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time?  What do you most hope they remember?

I hope they will remember the great times they had with their grandparents: the sleep overs, the barbecues, the Christmas dinners and playing in the park.


2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively influenced you.

I didn’t really have a particular teacher who influenced me on the good side however I turned against my grade 5 and grade 7 teacher because they smoked. I was a very strong anti-smoking advocate.

3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood?

My Mother made the most awesome butter tarts. Many have tried to make them however no one has really succeeded. She used to make 13 dozen tarts a week.

4.  Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required.  What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug free?

We lived at a cottage in the summer time so I would have to say swimming. We used to challenge each other for distance. Crossing the bay to the other side was a major feat.

5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child.

My Grandmother was a huge influence on my life. My mother and I struggled with independence. My Grandmother would be the voice of reason between us. Many a problem was solved with a cup of tea and an overnight stay.

6. Mamma Mia!  What's the best play or musical you've ever seen?

We belong to a very small theatre group and we love their “Legends” series.

7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic?

mown grass, coffee and beach water.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

This has been a busy week. I helped with my new grandson and granddaughter on Monday. F takes gymnastics and a parent has to go along. Mommy took the first part while I walked T over. When T started to fuss we switched. I got to work the circuit with F. We also took in a library program while T napped. It was home for lunch and naps while Mommy ran errands. I worked on my baby sweater while naps happened. Mommy picked E up from school and I came home for my aquafit class.

I am also getting the invitations ready for our anniversary party. They will be in the mail by Friday. On top of that I have to send out invites to my niece’s shower. D H is busy reworking the back garden. He moved the shed and created some new steps. It is going to look wonderful.

We have also driven through High Park to see the cherry blossoms. Here are some photos D H took as we drove by.

IMG_5638

IMG_5640

IMG_5643