Thursday, January 31, 2013

THRIVING THURSDAY

 

Pondering with a Purpose - Words with double meanings - close

Welcome to Pondering with a Purpose -

This Week's prompt:Close

So when you look at this word do you think: close the door? or I am close to _____?

As soon as I saw this topic I thought of those pictures where you can see the old woman as well as the young woman with just a blink of the eye. If you say it as Close the door are you thinking about the closing therefore the ending. I have shut many doors in my life as one chapter leads to another. I have left childhood behind when I married and had children of my own. I have left the working world to be retired.

If we look at the word as Close to someone or something then I would have to talk about my family. I am very much into my family. From my parents to my grandchildren I have to keep in touch almost on a daily basis.

Close as a time frame would be that my cruise is very close. I am mostly packed and can hardly wait to leave the cold North for the warm South.

Lastly close could be combined with minded as in close-minded. I hope that no one ever thinks that of me. I like to think that I am open-minded and still willing to learn since I hope to around for a while.

So are you close, close or close!