Monday, December 17, 2012

TUESDAY COFFEE CHAT

 

TUESDAY COFFEE CHAT

Even though there is not an official Tuesday Chat this week which is normally hosted by Rory at Time Out For Mom I want to have my say.

There has been much in the news about the shooting of the children at Sandy Hook Elementary school last Friday.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the parents and grandparents of all of the children. As well we need to give our support to the teachers and administrators who have to deal with everything.

Even though I was not personally touched it does hit close to home. My daughter wrote a piece about the shootings on her blog. Her article is here: http://www.actingbalanced.com/2012/12/an-open-response-to-tragedy.html

I also have a DIL who teaches and of course a granddaughter in kindergarten. There are also my grandchildren who are far away in the United States. I sometimes feel I am too far away to help. Our children have to be protected however can we wrap them cotton and never let them out. This was not the only tragedy where children lost their lives. A very small article appeared in our local newspaper about 10 children in Afghanistan who were killed while gathering firewood.

10 young Afghanistan girls die in explosion.An exploding bomb or landmine killed 10 young girls as they were gathering firewood outside their village in eastern Afghanistan...

There are also children at risk all over the world.

At this time of year let us all take the time to hug our children and try to keep them safe.