Saturday, July 28, 2012

VOV13

Molde

5:45 in the morning. Clunk Bang Boom. Apparently our stateroom is directly above the hatch used by the harbour pilot and the crew initially had trouble opening it. But what started out as an annoyance turned into good fortune as I realized we were starting a magnificent 30 mile sojourn up the fiord toward our port of call Molde. I guess a lot of other passengers were woken by the disturbance or alarm clocks because the decks were crowded with photographers.

Molde itself is a beautiful city, bright, clean and full of gardens and flowers. Dear wife underwent her shopping therapy in the morning and after lunch we hiked up a path by a mountain stream to enjoy the great views of the city and harbour.

Needless to say the exertion from the hike tired me out and I had a short nap. This turned out to be a good thing as I spent a couple of hours after dinner out on the deck taking more photographs and then DW and I attended the late show presentation at 10:00 PM. It was a musical comedy loosely based on the music of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s and I thought DW would fall off her chair from laughing so hard.

I’m off to bed now as the fiord we travel up tomorrow is supposed to be the most scenic and I have to be up by 6:00 AM. Hope they use the same hatch.

Tomorrow Geiranger.